PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay Structure (Oz Ag)
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2006, 11:27
Angus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agwaggon, looks like its just you and I old mate! I hope not...
The figures are close enough. Heres what 5 mins with a brain tells me, using the correct figures:

Casual Award 18%
100hrs/month $17500 $21600
66hrs/month $13100 $14400
33 hrs/month $9000 $7200

Before tax. 10% added to casual award for super. Based on $1200/hr machine. No account made for workers comp. 18% to average out the tight bottoms from the Champions. You know who you are!

It breaks even at around 50hrs/month; if your busy or doing more than $1200/hr the percentage is a long way in front.

If an operator insists on using the casual award I reckon he should consider the following: the operator pays all costs associated with employing (he is now an employee, people) the casual pilot. This includes travel from the employees normal place of residence to the work site and return, suitable accomodation whilst on the job, and per dium (per dium is a living away from home allowance, to cover food and phone calls, comonly paid in industries involving regular travel away from home, provided for under current Australian tax laws as a daily cash payment, fully tax deductible to the employer, currently stands at around $60 - $80 a day).

Tell me I'm wrong. Go on. Do it.