PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flight delayed 3 hrs while new FA flown in.
Old 17th Apr 2006, 23:39
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would imagine that sector is operated by an Eastern's Dash 8, so that would explain why mimimum crew could not be maintained.

I agree with Ditz, these incidents can greatly affect you, although you do the best you can at the time to deal with it. I have had some pretty intense ones (suspected heart attack, miscarriage, double pulmonary-embollism, 2 separate blocked catheter incidents) and then some less intense but confusing nonetheless (a lady with a 'goiter' that appeared on her arm immediately after take off ).

As a side note, and am open to correction here, but I thought under our duty of care we are required to attempt resuscitation - even if it is against the wishes of the family? Obviously we don't have the full details of this particular incident, but from reading the newspaper article

At the request of the woman's husband, with whom she was travelling, she was not revived.
it appears that resus was not attempted?

Any thoughts?

Best wishes to the flight attendant involved, I am sure she did everything she could in the situation she was presented... I hope she is able to return to work soon