PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Demise of Flightdeck Visits
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2006, 21:14
Tomliner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Demise of Flightdeck Visits

This is my first posting on Pprune-I apologise if I am going over old ground.I am interested in getting a general idea of how the professional flight crews,both cabin and flightdeck, feel about the ban on flightdeck visits following well known tragic events.My only connection with aviation is as a passenger and as a reasonably knowledgeable enthusiast.I developed an interest in ATC pocedures through airband radio and am now enjoying flightsims.I always used to enjoy visits to flightdecks where I would ask various questions based on what I had heard on the airband radio such as how to go direct to xyz or how to descend to flight levelxx so many miles before a particular point.On every visit I found the crews very helpul,polite and informative and got the impression that they allowed the visits because they wanted to rather than due to any customer relations pressure.I have often wondered if any sort of vetting or assesment was carried out by cabin crews before passing on a request for a visit.Best Wishes to you all,EricT