PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet (merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2006, 09:39
Reverand Lovejoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superpilot,

I think there is an element of truth to this and it will be interesting to see what CTC do about it. When I was having my stage 3 day I had lunch with a few guys on the course and this very subject came up. We were discussing the bond and how it works and they said that the bond was between them and the bank, not bonding them to an airline specifically. This seemed different to what I was told at stage 2 whereby I would be bonded to Easy or whoever for 7 years. Essentially the CTC guys can move around between airlines as and when they see fit but they will then be responsable for the loan repayments. This obviously puts them in a predicament where they will only leave their initial airline after so many hours so they can then enter the next airline directly, not on a cadet wage. The way things are going there is nothing stopping cadets going through CTC, getting placed with Easy or another loco, building hours and doing one to BA after the 500 hours are acheived. This is certainly happening and I'm sure it wont be long before a clause is underwritten to stop using easy as a stepping stone because it wont be long before CTC get a bad name. I just hope it doesn't happen soon coz I'm still going through the CTC process.

Any one out there actually done this? I.e started with easy and moved to BA after very few hours?

The Reverand