PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stalling
Thread: Stalling
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2006, 13:36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to intrude, I'm no FI or Examiner (pre-GFPT) but have to say that as a student who is having some difficulty with mastering stalls, this thread is great stuff.

Despite being very happy with my FI who is very encouraging and doing everything they can to help me master the stall, I've probably got a problem with the exercise. I think I'm okay with the theory side of things but putting it into practice appears to be a stumbling block! And most of it is probably not having enough bottle!

This was probably due to the unexpected experience (and sensation) of bad wing-drop. I 'instinctively' used aileron in the heat of the moment to correct (despite being briefed to use rudder) and obviously things only got worse till I let go of the controls and let my FI get us out of it. On the outside I probably seemed fairly calm, inside I was s***ting myself!

Have now had 1.5 hours on the stall and still have a few to complete. (FI doesn't want to scare me away)! Is this time-frame for your first stall exercises 'normal' for students?

Sorry for the thread-creep, but if anyone can answer I'd really appreciate a PM assuming you don't want to deviate from the topic by posting here.

'72.