PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck/cockpit photos
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2006, 21:08
JackOffallTrades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moan time!

I would be glad to take flight deck photos for people during the flight. I get plenty of requests to sign childrens mini-log books on holiday flights. So why not send up a camera with the stewardess and ask them to get a snap.... Though I'll probably be told there is some security issue there. I'm not a great photographer, but a simple point and shoot or similar instruction should be no trouble. Also could be bad if I broke the camera!!

I think it's a real shame we cant let enthusiasts and wannabes on the flight deck in flight anymore. I gained an understanding of the job from visits and jump seat rides. I knew from those that I wanted to fly for a living. I cant help but feel the industry has lost alot of potential pilots and curtailed the enthusiasts enthusiasm through the locked door policy. I would love to see an access system in place for wannabes and enthustiasts whereby they could obtain a set of criminal record checks, become security "screened" like airline staff and be given a pass that says it's ok for this person to visit the flight deck. I'm sure it would be down to the individual to pay the admin costs for such a scheme. I hope it would be worthwhile for any that did it.

Maybe I'm just dreaming. I think it would be good for moral.... Maybe someday....