PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2006, 01:04
wirgin blew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAP 371 is being introduced by the company for one reason only and that is to increase productivity. This fatigue management system, PBS and the international carrots are there to help sell CAP 371.

I can understand that the FAAA and VB want to increase our productivity because the pay rises we are getting have to come from somewhere. However I expect you will be working closer to the 140 hours a month as opposed to the current rosters where you get on average about 100 hours a month.

CAP 371 comes from the UK and I would love to know what sort of EBA's (contracts) are in place in the UK. Our new PBS (preferrential bidding system) is currently used by WestJet (Canada) which probably has a completely different EBA.

More research needs to be done by talking to our collegues in these companies and I await with baited breath the actual modeled rosters that will be shown to us at the next forum.

Meanwhile nothing mentioned about the rest of the issues that I am sure people have. Such as will there be a CabinCrew level 3,4,5 and 6 for those people who have been with the company for all these years now. Also why aren't CabinSupervisors getting paid more than crew. I am often told that some crew regularly earn more than CS's.

Make sure we get what we want not just what the company wants.