PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working in India
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2006, 14:53
scameron77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I started this thread to enquire as to if it was viable for me to pursue this Kingfisher vibe, the concensus seems to be no. Fair enough.

I'd also add that any pilot doing training in another part of the world (ie. Me UK citizen - training in the US) has probably delt with embassies and also looked into what their options are to stay and earn in that country unless they have a deep rooted hatred for that country (here its generally the Italians who can't wait to get back to Europe).

How do find out? . . . as Bafanguy correctly pointed out we look into when we stumble across it in our day to day lives. How much for a kilo of Mongolian Yaks Cheese? I dunno, but if I was going to open a pizza restaurant in downtown Ulaan Bator then you can bet your little behind I'd be up to speed.

Surely the whole point of PPRuNe is that the uneducated masses are enlightened by the few in the know already and they aren't castigated for doing so.

As for questioning Scroggs, to be honest the guy reads almost every post on here, over the past few years I bet he's seen every rumour/opportunity/fact/figure/lie and gleened the relevant info (despite all the bollocks and threads decending into name calling and personal vendettas around the 6 post mark). If he isn't in a position to say what HE thinks based on that, then who the hell is!

What I find laughable is how many people forget this and have a go.

By no means is this a suck up session to a moderator, I don't always agree with everything he says. However if I was on Who Wants to be a Millionaire? and Chris Tarrant asked 'Whats the chances of getting a F/O job in India?' I know who I'd use as my 'phone a friend'.