PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar International Frequencies
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2006, 05:53
TwinNDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AnQrKa,

I think you will find that what Bazzmundi was refering to is that although the Qantas rostering system has some fairly long trips in them (but not too bad - the longest is 12 days for S/O's) there are other benfits and conditions within our EBA that overall make it not too bad - dare I say it - without doubt the best in Aus.

The JPC on the other hand have managed to negotiate flying at a rate somewhat lower, without the conditions (minimum days at home) and a requirement for overtime that by the looks of the current schedule will not be met. When you add those sorts of things into you work place EBA it will very quickley take away any shine to the job.

While on that note, I do honestly not care wether it is Jet*, Qantas or Australian Airlines that operates routes for the Qantas Group, so long as the conditions are fair and do not continually undermine the others. I feel the Australian Airlines deal offered a very good compromise for both the Company and the pilots operating and if the Jet* deal had been negotiated along similar lines (as AIPA was trying) the Jet* pilot group would have had a much better deal to vote on.

Sadly UNITY is something very lacking at the moment within such a large Qantas Group and until we have the collective negotiating power af all pilots within this group (Eastern, LH, SH, Jet*, Jet* int Susntate and other pilot groups that wish to join) with an equal say in how AIPA is run and voting rights, then I dare say that what happened with Jet* and more recently the closing of Australian Airlines (but rebranding in QF colours) will continue.

Twin.