PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay Structure (Oz Ag)
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2006, 03:26
Agwaggon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again as a gereralization only, aeroplanes cannot compete with ground rigs so I'ts a pure waste of time even trying. If I was flying in an area where groung rigs were making very serious inroads into the market share then knowing what I know now lads I would look for another area to make a life in.!
And well Nasty yeh maybe your right. But its probably my job now to be that way. When I was a young lad in this business I used to think that most of all the old salts were a bit bitter and twisted as well. Go figure!!
I often do do other things though and that is how I got my head out of the sandpit and saw what was passing us all bye out there.
I can make a couple of very honest personal statements here. Firstly, there does come a time when we have all had enough of something and then It's best to move on. My time is not far away thats true, but i"m not there yet!
Second, this industry is not what it was in many ways in fact in most ways. Some of that is great as the industry was in big trouble there for a while. but some of it is not so great. This is a job that should be very highly paid. and the reality is that it now isn't. If you guys don't believe me then I will dig around and show you those comparisons I was talking about earlier. Believe me they are real.
If you want to do this because you really love it and money is not part of the equation then the holes are starting to line up for you, because that is where things are rapidly moving.
Problem is application prices havn't increased a hell of a lot over the past 25 years or so and the operating costs have what??? And so I think operators are doing things a lot tougher than years ago. Catch 22 hey.