PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar International Frequencies
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2006, 02:39
Bazzamundi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first 5 trips to each destination will at least be exciting. Give it 12 months, and the financial bite of only managing a bit over 60 hours per month on average will be a bit less enjoyable. If you can fill your roster with Japan and back once a week, well that may get you to 75 hours, but I would say that for every Japan (high flying density for time away trip) you will probably get one of less flying for more time away.

When you start sitting in Vietnam over Christmas, back to Bali for another laze around a few days later, all when the family/friends are on holidays, the gloss wears off slightly. Several days in Bali will be appealing, but during wet season it is not so exciting. Especially on your 10th trip there for the year. Honolulu is also great, but once again, when you have been on the road pretty much for the last 6 months with the odd few days at home, sitting around in an exotic place is not always as much fun as it is made out to be when sometimes you just really wish you could be home.

The cruelest blow comes when you walk in the door one day and your child does not recognise you. Happened once early on in my career with an 18 month old son, and I can tell you priorities changed after that. That was the worst pain I have ever endured. Nowadays, even the dog takes a while to forgive me now when I arrive home from a week long trip.

Personally, given the pay rise, and if you can really believe the novelty of these exciting new places does wear off, I would much rather hang around the domestic scene.