PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2006, 21:11
captain p

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My View on flying schools

If you are going to pay £63,000 for Oxford, do you think they would still be in business if they were NOT very good.

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

I got a very good vibe from looking round Oxford, all staff and students were very nice, and were truthful in pointing out that you are not guaranteed a job, but from looking at the amount of graduates going on to airlines, there prospects look good if you are determined to do well and can get high grades. I would love to go to Oxford, if I manage to get a place.

With regards to how many students the 180 is out of, I would be interested to know a confirmed figure. 180/300 is about 60% so sounds quite reasonable. I do however have friends/contacts that have gone through Oxford and have found jobs within 6 months. Getting top grades seems to be vital.

With regards to the other schools, I don't really know. One thing I do know however is that people that post on this website and slander the names of good flying schools should really consider if they do want to become a pilot, whether they have the personality to fit in to the aviation industry. Regardless of your opinion, all schools provide cadets to airlines, and future pilots will be working with people from all the different schools. If you cannot say anything productive and communicate in such aggressive manners, I would not like to work/fly with you.

Perhaps those that cannot say anything good about other flying schools should post comments on why their preffered school is so good, instead of talking about other schools. This would be more of more interest to me. It is neccessary to compare flight schools, to give an informed decision, However I advise that users of this site only take onboard opinions on cadets/students that have gone through that particular school, otherwise the rest is hear say.

Comments to the contrary of my view, to me, will simply be ignored.

The best of luck to all students at CTC, Jerez, Oxford, Cabair and any other flying schools with personalities!

I would also like to add that I have not looked at any other schools and am not looking as a reject from anywhere. I have an Aerospace engineering degree almost behind me, and am confident that I could meet, at least in terms of the academic criteria, any schools requirements.

Last edited by captain p; 11th Apr 2006 at 16:14.