PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those tricky Spoilers
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2006, 18:21
inthefluffystuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bolty McBolt

Please do not take offense at this post,but doing what you suggest (using a pencil) instead of correct procedure would seem to me to be going way outside the envelope re rigging and leaving yourself wide open if things turn sour.

I can only imagine the response if it went cactus in flight and investigations showed a deviation from the M.M. but in another breath you have shown that a problem exists, have you told engineering or another branch ? (I know it sometimes seems to be bashing your head at a wall) but your experience would be invaluable if it does what you state.

Before any knockers get going I know we all have found away around certain problems and we all are happy to get it done but maybe we have been doing a disservice by doing this.

The new guy's fresh from training/apprenticeships probably do not know the shortcuts (there we go using nasty non checked procedures again) and if they do may get themselves into a bind one day. Just me two bobs worth but I think the AVV versus SCS is a little tacky as people employed by both areas just wish to have employment and the current situation that Sydney is going through is bloo*y terrible and losing work is a damn shame.

But attacking the Avv boy's does not seem to be warrented, indeed I can see your frustrations but remember the Senior LAME's run the show does that mean they are not up to scratch? as they all seemed to be from SCS originally?