PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa Or The IPA which is better?
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2006, 11:08
SLT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey - no worries, I never said it didn't happen! All I said was that I had never talked about it with someone who was there. You were and you've given us some of what happened - thanks! I feel for the guys who were affected very much - but has BALPA changed?? Well who knows - I like to think it has, but one day it might be me that suddenly finds out it hasn't the hard way. I hope not. From what I've seen in our company (and you're correct by the way!), it has. That could just be our CC of course.

I'm sure there are lots of ex-Dan guys in VS, but I've never had the anti-BALPA chat with them - in fact it's the contrary. In VS the pro-union feeling is stronger than I've seen anywhere. There are the few who aren't members - they may be the ones you're referring to. If they are, then at least they have more legitimate reasons for not joining than the one who makes his mind up after hearing all the "There once was a Captain who got done over...." tittle-tattle.

Once again - I'm not saying it didn't happen and I'm not belittling the guys who went through it one bit. I just think that in today's airlines union protection is becoming more and more important, and you reach a point where you have to look forwards and see what you can acheive together. My opinion!!!

Cheers all