PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa Or The IPA which is better?
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2006, 13:51
SLT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's very true Finman that there is often a disparity between the expected support, and the actual support one receives. Who knows what actually happened in Buzz - we on the outside can only guess. But it is a fact that if you expect something from the union, and what you get either wasn't quite what you wanted or expected - then naturally you feel a bit put out. However - sometimes people can be unrealistic in their expectations and that can only serve to increase the ill feeling towards the union when what's forthcoming isn't quite what you wanted. It's fair to say that a collective resolution to a problem isn't going to suit everyone and that often is further cause of anti-BALPA feeling. At the end of the day, as you quite rightly say, BALPA are not miracle workers and have to try and acheive the best all round solution.
You have to look at what each union offers - think about the power of collective strength - is there any point in being in IPA when you may be in a BALPA company? - and make your own decision. I don't think anyone would have a problem with your decision either way, so long as it's made based on your own views and has been arrived at by careful thought and perusal of fact, not fiction. I know I'd respect that. Good luck!!!

Last edited by SLT; 9th Apr 2006 at 15:53.