PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2006, 19:01
Reverand Lovejoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This post was made in return to a comment Mooney12 made. He has since retracted his post which was probaly sensible. If you want to know what he wrote I'm sure you'll get the jist from my response. I'm not deleting this one though because it took so damn long to write

Mooney,
Thankyou for such an informative post. It's been a while since I got some good advice from this forum

I'm fully aware that OAT may be pompous at times and I guess if you've shelled out a 60 stretch on something you want everyone to know. This goes for BMW drivers and high stake gamblers and the like. Maybe it's human nature. I've even seen PPL students made to wear a uniform. God forbid they should be allowed!

This I dont have a problem with. Remember when you were younger and visited other schools? Didn't they make you wear your school logo to represent the school which is why you were on your best behavour? Now if the person wearing the uniform with the big bars and wings has an attitude that stinks then I dont care what your history, or number of bars, your a t!t. This also goes for the best instructor I have had to date who never wore shoes, only trainers. From the heel up she was business dress. From the heel down she was a tennis player. Why? Because it worked for her and she did a fine job.

Long story short. Dont really care what you are wearing, surely we can see beyond clothes and the real skills that exsist. My question would be do you think those pilots with the big bars and wings are any beter than the guy in his jeans? I think the real answer is a bit more in depth - the one I am looking for.

Please only comment on true skills, not dress or looks or sex or whatever. If the Oxford guys want to walk around nursling in leopard skin thongs and no shoes then so be it (this also goes for the girls too ) If they want to walk around in bars and uniform then the same rule applies. For both sides of the story just make sure you can justify your appearence!!

The Reverand (Friday night @ 20:01 - Too far gone to make sense, surely!)

Last edited by Reverand Lovejoy; 7th Apr 2006 at 19:10. Reason: Had the beer fingers at full throttle and made some typo's