PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2006, 14:17
William73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
INTERVIEW....

Hi everybody,
i went through the selection process mid of february and should start the course next june.
Here are my impressions and remarks.
First,make sure that you have ALL documents requested in the post you received.Paper looks like a checklist,where they tell you how many copies and which documents to bring with you.They are very keen on having all documents in english,so either you make them translated and signed by an official translator or you do it byyourself,like i did with one of them.
You will be welcome by the Flight OPS secretary,she is very kind.
Then you will have a discussion with the deputy chief pilot and flightops manager(kind not sure anymora of their position).IT IS A DISCUSSION AND NO TECH TEST(like others airlines do).CONSIDER IT AS IF YOU WOULD MEET TWO PILOTS AND START TO DISCUSS ABOUT YOUR JOB,WHICH AIRCRAFT,HOW MANY HOURS,WHICH COMPANY.They will mostly speak about what the company will looks like.There are very pleasant and making you feeling comfortable persons.No stress.
Then later on you will be assess on a simu by an instructor from the pax fleet.At least in my case.You will be assist it by a regular FO and a simulator instructo.So three guys with you.As well there the people i met were very kind,nice,pleasant and one more time making you feeling comfortable.And then,for me , the must was the assessement on 777 sim.It is just great.You will enjoy it.Program was taxiing excercices,watch out your u turns,ask for switching on the camera display.Then normal TO.STEEP TURNS.ONE ILS APPROACH,SINGLE ENGINE.FULL STOP.ONE MORE TO,WITH A VISUAL CIRCUIT AND A LDG GEAR COLAPSE...THAT IS ALL FOLKS....THE END...
Next day,you are invited to the medical center on the airforce base.You will go through the same normal medical check that we usually go trough.Last but not the least after the medical check which takes at least three hours,you will have to go again,and do not ask me why,down town to the main hospital for again two others checks.Never had so quick tests when you will be go down.
And then i suggest you to walk through the town a little and have some rest and drinks.
Go luck to all of you.