PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Quietly Books A 747 For Heavy Maintenance In Singapore
Old 6th Apr 2006, 13:03
Turbo 5B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Look, quite frankly the writing is on the wall. If you are a Licenced Engineer working for Qantas you get paid too much.
The ground rules have been set. Benchmark 20 to 30 % less than what you are on now.
Heavy Maintenance Engineers from sydney were/are the lowest paid (sorry except BNE H/M). We are / were the most flexible and some of the best in the world.
We would fix anything from a major structural defect in a fuselage, carry out any major modification be it wiring/strut or isv, ife, etc.
We could inspect anything that an AD or Sb could throw up, and fix it not defer it to the next available check.
Who was it that found the major butt splice crack in one of the ugly sisters?
Sydney H/M. It was found through experience and diligence.
The Manager of H/m should be ashamed to call himself an engineer.
Or should I say an ex engineer.
To Sack the experience that has given Qantas its safety record and to do it to satisfy short term profitability is the lowest that an engineer that has come through the ranks could stoop to.
I can only hope that his job is as stable as mine at the moment.
What is the future in remaining with Qantas as a licenced engineer?
Does any of the Management Boffins that read this site have an honest answer?
How about any of the ALAEA industrial group that have had circles run around them by Qantas for the last ten years, Have you lot got any answers?
No... I thought not.
You industrial genius's thought that AVV maintenance base was your bread and butter for years to come. Get not only the LAME's but the AME's and planners to pay fees and Qantas would protect your interests for years to come...100K a year for lip service to your masters.
Remember the Midnight Oil song..."Your dream world is just about to end...........yeaaaaah yeahhhh yeaah , your dream world is just about to end."
You never now mr industrial manager ...I might apply for your job when you get sacked in a couple of months, remember the ALAEA is classed as a small business and unfair dismissal laws dont apply to a white anglosaxon male that doesnt perform in his posiion.