PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C 17's - Coming to an Airport Near You?
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2006, 10:58
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You said it in one PLE! Pakistan etc, showed limitations of ADF transport capability versus what the Government demands at the drop of a hat to please their friends. Never mind that we have the sum total population of a couple of New York Cities and we do a pretty good job with the resources we have. Hey, I reckon it would be great if we ordered 250 JSFs, a squadron each of legacy F117s and B2s, and perhaps 4 Carriers for the Navy. Throw in a squadron of C-17s, 12 KC-10s, and for the maritime guys, 40 of the finest fixed-wing maritime assets in the world.

Of course, life just isn't like that when you live on a budget. You have to be careful what you buy and make sure you can support it. When we don't have enough spare engines for our existing hercs, I start to wonder about buying a bunch of C-17s at.....how much each? Perhaps you'd care to inform the masses? (yes I already know).

My opinion of the company? A bunch of great blokes at the coal face doing their best despite the efforts of the hierarchy and the pollies! Always has been!

Hey BTW PLE, who put those engines on upside down?