PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 4th Apr 2006, 15:56
cruisercruiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
written blessing

Hi,

I have not gotten any "written blessings" and like many of you out there wonder if it is really a possiblity. The instructor I spoke to at SYFC mentioned that I should contact the GM over the phone to arrange an appointment for this purpose. Like I mentioned, I haven't done so cos I've no where near the amount needed for the CPL/IR course in MFA.

In my opinion, it is possible to talk to someone like the GM about the plan but as to whether he will agree to it and even write a letter to gaurantee your employment with the club, is difficult. Thinking of it from the employers' point of view, no one will ever promise employment before he even knows whether you are capable of passing the course. Even cadets from SIA get chopped in their line training. And thats after the company has paid loads for his training. One such example is currently in the flying club training to be an instructor.

I'd say go try to get an agreement with the terms and conditions. If that doesn't work out, try opportunities in other countries with a license in hand. There are loads of info about flying inmalaysia and aus in the forum. Of course the odds must be weighed and risks assessed. As for myself, a single man with few commitments and a lot of desire to fly, this route is one that I'll seriously consider taking.

cruiser