PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa Or The IPA which is better?
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2006, 00:05
speedbird800

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For flight deck Value for money is the IPA

Value for money is the IPA. If we give them a chance it makes sense. Why pay over the odds for union subscriptions.

A bad union rep is worst than not having one at all. I'm not saying that any particular union is bad but you have to remember that we are all people and the union that wants to work in partnership with its members and the company is the one that will always win my vote.

If we all stick our head in the sand it will get us no where. With out a company there can be no union. I was told that by a cabin union rep a few years ago. He stated that we must strive to work in partnership with the company to get the best results for our members whilst at the same time giving some consideration to what the company needs to grow. After all if the company doesn't grow then neither can the members pay packets and terms and conditions.

It doesn't take rocket science to negociate with the management, but the longer it takes the more the high levels of subscriptions are justified. Why pay 1% of your salary when you can pay £11 a month for a really good deal. If you have to pay more to get a better deal then you must really ask yourself have you really got such a good deal in the first place if you have to pay extra for it. "Take care of the pennies and let the pounds take care of themselves" If you are a member of the IPA then continue to support them. after all they have continued to support you. If you have a union that spends more time huffing and puffing than getting a good result for its members then you are wasting your money.

£11 per month with the IPA gets expert advice for the flight deck. I'm sure the T&G don't have the expertise that the IPA do when it comes to representing flight deck.

You can scream Balpa from the roof tops. But at the same time a union is only as good as its representitives and its members, it doesn't matter how much you spend on Subscriptions. If you don't believe me ask the guys at easyjet! How much have they paid balpa over the last 3 years. How long have they been waiting for a decent pay rise. What happened to their loyalty bonus. They had it a few years ago. Where is it now?

Last edited by speedbird800; 5th Apr 2006 at 23:23.