PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ministers Media Release;Aviation Security Identification Card
Old 3rd Apr 2006, 14:18
ContactMeNow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the phone call saying mine is ready to be collected in Sydney, only problem is I dont live in Sydney any more (also called CASA to notify them of my address change 2 months ago).

was told to wait up to 4 weeks while QANTAS find it, send it back to CASA then CASA send it out to a CASA office near me and then they send it via registered post to my CURRENT address.....

Why cant QANTAS send it directly to me? I also had the option to get soemone to collect it from Sydney for me on my behalf, but was informed that Zthe "nominated person"needed to be "approved" by CASA (ie security cleared). I wasnt too sure if this was the case, so I called to inform them the person tho collect my ASIC form Sydney was also an ASIC holder and I was told to send QANTAS a fax and then CASA a fax informing them that i nominated a person to collect my ASIC (for them only to express post it up to me anyway)

Long story short it was all "too much of a hasel" for CASA and QANTAS so I will be waiting the 4 weeks to get mine in the mail. I fly out of a RPT airport so now I need written apporval from the airport manager to fly into and out of the airport...fun fun fun

Nothing but games....

CMN