PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yeovilton or Culdrose
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2006, 14:08
faarn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist
mlc.
Incidentally, you can get to london quicker and cheaper from Cornwall than from Yeovilton.
Tourist, i don't agree with quicker cheaper remark. It's an hours drive from Culdrose to the airport, have to be there 30 mins before lift, 1 hour 20 flight then 15 mins getting to the gatwick express followed by 30 mins on it. A total of over 3.5 hours. Also tried to book a flight and over £200 friday out sunday back.

Yeovs on the other had is 20 mins to castle cary, 1hr 45 on the train to paddington. 2hrs total.

Weasle. I do agree Yeovil is the biggest hole in the world, and if you're single has nothing going for it. I've spent little time in Culdrose but it was during the summer. The weather was great and the locals far move attractive. Never spent a winter there but have been assured the summer is far better.

Basically i would say Yeovs is the better location for getting places at the weekend (yes everyone bombbursts so you have to get away), but Culdrose is the nicer part of the country (if remote).

Finally, the junglies are based at Yeovs so that should really make the decision for you!!