PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ministers Media Release;Aviation Security Identification Card
Old 3rd Apr 2006, 14:06
vh_ajm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope most of us are over this and other accosiated threads by now.

If you're in Adelaide and still waiting for your card or a phone call or post, it may be worth calling CASA and ask for it. Tell them it may be at QF for printing or pick up. They'll put you in touch with a QF rep who may just tell you its ready.

If its anything like mine, it will have been ready for over a week with QF thinking it is CASA's job to call and CASA thinking it is QFs job to call. Seems they should both sqawk 7600 at the moment cos neither are talking to eachother right now.

I made CASA and QF aware of this breakdown in communication but both seem disinterested.

By the way, when you do decide to go pick it up they (whoever) will tell you no more than QF domestic in the ADL terminal. What they don't tell you is that the place to go is through security and down to the cloudy glass doors opposite gate 24 and hit the intercom. If no joy there go to the QF service desk and ask for the number to call them direct. And no they cant call cos "we (service desk) get this all day". Thanks mate.

Hope this helps.

Oh and I asked CASA today what they're doing to credit people for ASICs that expire in less than 2 years (yes, I have lost 3 months as well). We'll see what they say.