PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ministers Media Release;Aviation Security Identification Card
Old 3rd Apr 2006, 06:50
Richo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Stallie

This may be of help to you.

I previously had an ASIC which was issued to my under my old employer. It had the company name on it as well as mine.
I left this employer in early 2005 and thay asked for the card back, which I duly did.

I started with new employer in Aug 05 at same airport, walked into the issuing office and thay gave me a new card, based on my previous one after I paid the $50 fee.
This is I believe the fee for re-issuing a lost card. The new card has no employer name on it, and I understand NO new cards do.

I asked about this and was told (so take it with a grain of salt), that the card is MINE and not the companies, I can use the card at any time and anywhere it is approved (ie AUS). I have also been told that the new passes are not locality specific and can be used anywhere.

I have just put in paperwork for a renewal of this ASIC (due in June), the company filled in thier bit and have paid for it.
As I understand it, they can ask for it back if I leave thier employ, leaving me without a card untill I pay the $50 for a re-issue of a lost card.

I am not sure if this good or bad but it certinaly is a strange way of doing buisness.

As for your circumstances, I don't think you have a problem. The rules will apply for all cards the same, reguardless of whether there is a company name on them or not, and or if the card is location specific. The new cards have neither.

The application process is the same regardless of the class of airport you are using.

Richo