PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2006, 04:12
veloo maniam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down KUL ATIS

Yep Jetrat we did discuss this at the teh tarik session but I am surprised that this particular problem still exists. There are two transmitters(TX) on the east coast. One is at Bukit Bakar in Kelantan and the other is at Bt.Pelindong somewhere near Kuantan or so(not very sure of it's exact location but it is somewhere there). I am surprised at the poor reception on 132.6 as Bt.Pelindung has the capabilities to tx 132.6 at the moment.
Coming back to KUL ATIS. The TX for 126.45(KUL ATIS) is based on top of the Apron Tower near the Satellite Buildings at KLIA. Yes the smaller tower near LCCT. Perhaps this cud be the reason for the limited range.
For SZB the TX for 127.6 is at the Subang Air Traffic Control premises itself. But it is technical jargon for me as far as how the freqs are pushed out to u guys over the South China Sea. If 127.6 can be recieved over 200nm from SZB then something can n must be done for 126.45 to be pushed out to over the same region. Maybe , just maybe the engineers shud transfer the KUL ATIS TX to the main tower. That may help u guys.
About putting up new repeaters will require new working papers and new budget.U guys are too familiar will all this paperwork jargon.Period
Joining ATC will require one to go thru Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam's conditions.
U need to have an approved diploma or a degree from any Govt approved institute. Then one has to wait for the advertisments which normally appears in the local newspapers particularly the Malay editions. Then one has to go for an aptitude test. This is where the majority of them fail. Many are not even aware of such tests. If everything goes well, one can be selected and have to go thru 66 weeks of training at the DCA Kolej. Even here some quit as they cannot adapt to the ATC pressures. They recently employed some and are currently going thru the mill. For further details PM me.