PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ministers Media Release;Aviation Security Identification Card
Old 2nd Apr 2006, 18:10
RV6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just picked up my ASIC from Perth airport - yes it was after midnight but the Chubb security folks were waiting for the Cairns flight and were very pleasant and helpful. Got chatting about the general difficulties involved in this whole process and was told that one pilot turned up to collect his card from them and found to his horror that it had the wrong photograph on it - and he needed it for work. Wonder how he got on at work the next day.

My card expires in August 07 - so I've been ripped off too. Slice: as I've posted previously, the expiry date is determined by the date of the background check - supposedly 2 years validity from the date of the last check. In my case they've based it on the date of the issue of my AVID. And they debited my credit card in early January so they've had my money for nearly 3 months before I got the card. Sigh... At least it has my photograph on it - not pretty but it's me