PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot scheduling
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2006, 18:05
Lezam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rmcdonal
General Aviation = GA
Single engine, pistons, light twins ranging up to the lower end of the corporate world with small turbine aircraft such as Caravans, Metros, Conquests.
Usually small operator/owner business based out of small towns (they are in Larger cities as well but jobs there are harder to come by due to high hr requirements) offering charter and flight training to the area they service (note: I once worked for a company who serviced an area the same size as France). Most would be happy to substitute your Friday if they could get you to work a Sunday instead. The pay is generally less then airline (unless you’re in a really good outfit) but you should be able to spend most nights at home.
Just 1 Question however, if you got into a company and your aircraft broke down in a different airport on a Thursday, would you fly the plane home on the Friday for your employer or would they have to wait until Sunday? Because most of the operators I know would be a bit upset if you where that fundamental that it effected there profits.

I would be able to fly it back friday morning. Usually the sabbath starts about 4 o clock, so I should be able to do that. Also, do you know the pay scale for those?