PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ministers Media Release;Aviation Security Identification Card
Old 1st Apr 2006, 23:33
Non Normal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I re-read the forms and everything I could find, and it is still not clear to me whether it's permissible to use your company-issued ASIC on private matters, or to even have two. Does anyone know? Compressor Stall, if you can get it in writing from CASA or DOTARS that you can have two, then I suggest you get two, just to avoid security guards having a go at you for using it for 'non-company business' and inconveniencing you.

A completely separate question
On the CASA application form, it's stated that if you hold an AVID, you can get an ASIC at a reduced fee.

Does it work the other way round (i.e. if you hold a current ASIC, can you get an AVID at a reduced fee), even though no reference is made to that situation on the application form?

I'm just thinking that if they have a similar fiasco come 2007/8, at least holding an AVID would enable one to fly between non-security-controlled aerodromes if the authorities fail to get well-organised (or shall I say, 'sufficiently organised') by then and ASIC processing turn into another chaos.

Does anyone know?