PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ministers Media Release;Aviation Security Identification Card
Old 1st Apr 2006, 06:59
Charlie Foxtrot India

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts
Mine is apparently with Chubb at Perth Airport, I discover this by email on the afternoon of 1 April. Not from CASA or anyone else, from someone who had been chasing these things up on behalf of a few of us at Jandakot. CASA have never sent me any knid of information about my ASIC application or wherabouts.

Won't have time to go and pick it up for a few weeks unless I cancel a day's work. Why couldn't they have posted it? Then I only would have needed to cancel half a day's work to collect the registered mail from the post office. Asked the lady at Chubb (How did they get involved in this, yet another layer of people for things to go wrong) if they could post it to me and she said no, they were under strict instructions only to give them to applicants in person. And that only the CASA issued ones had been posted. Well, guess what, mine was CASA issued. duh

So this mess is still not resolved and I DID NOT get my ASIC by 31 March. It was NOT "distributed" to me, as promised by Truss; it is stuck in a cardboard box at Perth airport for the forseeable future. Maybe Chubb can send it back to Qantas who can send it back to CASA who can then post it to me.