PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ministers Media Release;Aviation Security Identification Card
Old 31st Mar 2006, 15:24
Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No offence folks, but i think your anger is a bit off track.

CASA is not the reason for this BS, its because of the self perpetuating DOTARs monkeys, CASA had the ASIC thing dropped in their lap just about overnight.

Frankly i feel CASA have been given a crap deal in this one. They've done pretty well to try as quickly as possible get the ball rolling.

If you have anger to vent, vent it at Warren Truss, they are the ones that have put policy in place that allows our friends at DOTARS to make everyone at VRD have ASIC cards, talk about NFI.

Australia like usual is miles behind the rest of the world, did you know in the US you are now allowed to carry items previously forbidden onboard, i.e metal dinner cutlery, scissors etc etc.

With regard to the "cost recovery" we are all experiencing, why shouldn't users pay, but, if you work for a company that will not renew your medical or pay for your ASIC card ( it is required for you to work in their workplace ), more fool you, this cost will refect an extra 50 cent an hours in the charter rate.