PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS, career or stepping stone?
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2006, 10:05
braking action poor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Until recently I had NO understanding what so ever for the SAS-guys...

But after flying with some of your old collegues, MO, (in FR) I very much understand your frustration.

BUT; as long as the scandinavian CAA's don't turn "liberal" on the 60-rule, the various SAS-companies will need to hire sometime in the next years-

with this in mind and looking towards WF; reducing the entry salaries in SAS is NOT a good solution of the company.

I personally would love to get a job back in Norway, flying turboprops instead of a big jet is not a problem, neither is paying the taxes there.
Starting at the bottom of a seniotiy list is not a problem.

What is a problem is taking a 40% paycut to come back. AND WF is being hard struck by this prolbem now. Finding a scandinavian pilot with more
than 800 hrs is NOT very difficult in todays world!! Or it should not be. But WF can't find anyone wanting to work for their T&C's, and that's bad for business!! SAS will be stuck in the same mud very soon.

Cut-backs were needed, and re organizing is still needed, but now it seems, mr Lindegaard is doing it in all the wrong places. And that is going to cost the company a lot in the future.

But then he will be gone from the company.