PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blair To 'Tough it Out' On Iraq
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2006, 07:03
nutcracker43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetstars 2

Originally Posted by jstars2
nutcracker43
I’d like to reply to you properly but your words of 30 March are a little bit impenetrable for me: ''When I made any decision it was made on the basis of information available to me at the time...certainly the slant has changed and the decisions taken have been interpreted differently because of different information being received. This will continue as and when more information is received...your post would suggest that you do otherwise''.
Can you perhaps elucidate?
I am not about to embark on some philosophical discussion with you but I will try and explain as simply as I can. When I said:''When I made any decision it was made on the basis of the best information available to me at the time''. I suggest that you and every normal person would do the same as well, wouldn't you? That, therefore is a 'truth' as you see it...and you act on it. Our world's civilisations have developed this way and different viewpoints have had to change as new facts have become known...it’s called evolution…the same is true in world events. The slant which I mentioned is the new slant taken by some so-called neocons in Washington, and elsewhere. The 'truths' as they beheld them have changed, therefore their perceptions have changed. Your initial post talks about the information turning out to be false…that, as I have said is perfectly possible...it could change the other way as well, but I am certainly not prepared to call anyone a liar based on incomplete facts…it seems perfectly logical to me…I am ever sceptical about any politician, of whatever hue, however.

Is that clear enogh for you?

Eagle 86 Thanks for that…agree with your comments about the young ones…that was a spelling mistake in your first sentence (#18), right?

SASless Thanks for that, too. I always admire ambition in a person, even amongst the ‘challenged’.

Thanks once again.

NC43