PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ministers Media Release;Aviation Security Identification Card
Old 31st Mar 2006, 05:15
Field plougher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too received the phone call today, "your ASIC is ready to be picked up from Chubb Security at the domestic terminal in Perth". When I explained that that was going to be impossible because I live in Karratha, she gave me the "dont shoot the messenger" line and call Chubb.

I call Chubb who tell me that the only way I could get someone to pick my card up, was to put in writing, on a CASA letter head who I wanted to pick up my card.

Rang CASA, after finally getting through to them, I'm told that the letter head is not required and that CASA will retrieve my card and post it out to me.

When I asked about flying from tomorrow onwards without the card, I got a simply "well,you cant". Somehow I think I'll be flying tomorrow regardless.

Initially the cards were to be sent to all airports that QANTAS flew out of so that guys in rural areas could pick up their cards. Obviously this wasnt going to fit in with the deadline. So instead of getting the cards of us remote folk and posting them.. they wait until we all start calling them to say "Hey you up again".

I rarely have something to say, but these last few months have really seen my patience stretched to the limit.. God help any rent a cop that has something to say about my ASIC.

Let the circus continue