PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ministers Media Release;Aviation Security Identification Card
Old 31st Mar 2006, 02:32
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts
Had to call CASA on an unrelated matter this morning and the recording stated in words to the effect that if one was calling on the ASIC matter it might be advisable to call ''later in the week."
Re the ASIC; I applied and paid by cheque on November 4th. Cheque went through November 30th. I had previously held an ASIC when doing some casual work for a Regional Airline and although there was no provision in the application form supplied for the new card to quote any previous card number I wrote the details out separately and stapled it to an inside page. Pointed this out to the CASA employee at YPAD where I lodged the form and his comment was that it was a good idea and that he was going to also put the details on a 'post it' note and stick it on the cover. Which he did.
Just been to the local PO. No ASIC!
I'm a patient bloke. Might give Qantas a call sometime though.

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.