PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ministers Media Release;Aviation Security Identification Card
Old 30th Mar 2006, 10:08
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just in.

All of the ASICs that have been processed are either with Qantas or in the Platinum Australia Post system and should be recieved by tomorrow.

In the event that YOU do not nor have not recieved yours AND THIS IS POSSIBLE, I am advised that you should carry on AS NORMAL.

There is also a probablilty that some applications ARE being held up bthe security part of the process and that is something over which CASA nor any of the other issuers have any control.

If you need any comfort read the Ministers Statement and pay particular attention to the para.

Mr Truss said that from 1 April 2006 Transport Security Inspectors will be routinely checking that pilots have their ASICs.

“If a pilot has applied by the 31 December deadline and is eligible to be issued with an ASIC, but due to exceptional circumstances has not received a card, the pilot will receive fair treatment,” Mr Truss said.
If you are checked, that is your insurance, direct from the Minister. Period.

I have made direct enquiries to the Ministers office and I personally am satisfied in this regard.

May I suggest that you carry the acknowledgement letter or some evidence that you have applied by the above deadline so that may be noted should any action be taken.

As I have said before in this thread dont dick with the system and stay calm until we get through this very trying time for all.

The CEO Bruce Byron assured me that CASA have put in an enormous effort with now over 10,000 applications processed and that he has been monitoring the results on a daily basis. They are taking this very seriously.
He suggests that the problem for them as far as the recent sudden volume of work concerned could be likened to having to turn a corner store into a supermarket virtually overnight.

That may no consolation but neither have we had to do this in Australia before.

Stay calm keep on flying and it will be all over shortly.

I again draw your attention to the FAQ link I described above if you are still confused about AVID V ASIC.

http://www.casa.gov.au/fcl/licence/questions.htm

Last edited by gaunty; 30th Mar 2006 at 10:34.