PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A new job but an old jerk comes along
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2006, 05:52
westhawk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tread very carefully here. If you simply dislike this individual, just stay clear of him. Live and let live. If you have a vendetta, find some way to settle outside of the job. If you have an actual safety concern and you are sure that personal feelings have NO influence on your thinking, then consider bringing it up discreetly and in confidence. Management can deal with you and he in their own chosen way. Might be to dump the both of you if they think you guys are trouble. From their point of view, why would they want someone who has such dislike for someone that they would try to sabotage their job prospects? How well do they know either of you? I say forget about it and move on! Just live your own life and don't worry about others unless they are in YOUR face. In that case, do what you must. You asked a question and I have given you my $.02 worth. Take it for what you think it is worth. Life is too short to waste any of it fighting battles you don't have to. Don't lower your own ethical standards to meet his except in self defense. Besides, if he is that big of a tool, he'll hang himself without your help. Do you really want to be known as a guy who would do something like this to another pilot? Anyway, best of success in the new job and I suspect that you will end up doing the right thing in the end.

Workplace ethics lecture concluded!

Best,

Westhawk