PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eighteen Months of Hell!!!
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2002, 13:36
twistedenginestarter
ENTREPPRUNEUR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
McD. .. .This is the serious allegation made by Pete:. .. . </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"> totally ineffective Fleet Manager refuses to discipline a lady first officer for sexual harassment. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">This has not been substantitated in the slightest unless you count having a rude clipboard as sexual harrassment. By all means have a poll on whether other pilots can buy in to that but in the meantime I think you have to say most men should be able to ignore trivia like that.. .. .True, other gender issues have come in to the discussion. There is a suggestion that the female pilot was dealt with leniently because of fear of sexual discrimination but that is nothing to do with harrassment whatsoever.. .. .The Fleet Manager seems to have attempted to deal with this case in, I must say, exactly the way I would. . .. .It seems Pete, who we learn is a very valuable pilot, well liked etc etc, nevertheless cannot control his anger and just walk away. He gets all screwed up, so much so that he cannot work. Eventually he has to give up his job. A sad story which rather shames the female concerned, but is it enough to make accusations against the Fleet Manager?. .. .There is a word for this and I think it might be defamation.