PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eighteen Months of Hell!!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2002, 18:47
caulfield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to add my support for MP and make the following points:. .a)all airline management(particularly British) suffers from this "old boy" network crap.I have worked for the airline in question(I resigned along with countless others)and they are a perfect example.I have noticed with sadness how all the "wrong" people grease their way into the office and work their way up to positions of power,so that they can make others(esp those who dont have the correct handshake)lives hell.Unfortunately,all the good guys(and gals) who should be running things,seem to lack that ingredient that is required..namely ambition.They´re happy line flying and so get side-lined.Its the same the world over.Of course there are individual exceptions and there are airlines that are a real pleasure to fly for(Southwest Airlines...Dan Air by all accounts).. .ii)My own experience with female pilots has always been good,so this is certainly not the norm.. .iii)There is a sort of inverse prejudice in the modern world.Minorities and those perecived as down-trodden are now over protected and promoted.Nobody wants to fire a minority..we promote them to show how liberal we all are.Doesnt matter if they´re no good at the job they do.. .iv)Sexual harassment is so potentially explosive,it demands very delicate handling.I see fathers today afraid of how they hold their two year old daughter in case some social services blip gets the wrong idea.The only answer is legal representation very early on,even if there has only been a hint of something untoward.If you try and defend yourself,you´ll only end up sounding guilty.At the meeting where this woman admitted lying,a lawyer should have been present and minutes taken.That way there´s no later confusion.