PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYONE NEED A NEW ROOF?
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 06:49
BATS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Complaints

In the 80s I handled the flying complaints for the North Of Scotland.... about 400 a year IIRC. If the claim was plausible, and many were not, the claims section of MOD used to pay up if the 'damage' was below the cost of sending an RAFP to investigate......

There was a lady in Lossiemouth who complained that an aircraft went over her house which in turn caused her dog to take fright and knock over her brand new television. Attached to her letter was a bill for an all singing and dancing TV....... I sent her a polite reply telling her that I had forwarded her complaint to MOD claims, but that it was unlikely that anything would be forthcoming. My covering note to MOD claims was somewhat tongue in cheek and suggested a restraint for the dog. MOD's response was to settle the bill in full and not even investigate...... MOD used to spend £6m a year in settling claims for low flying; it may be rather more now.....

No wonder we're broke.....

BT

Oh yes, and then there was the racehorse in Wales which MOD forked out an enormous sum for after it bolted....