PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be Careful What You Wish For.
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2006, 08:48
whossorrynow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to Take These Jonny Come Latelys to Task

330 heavy men, scotch fella, typhoon etc, all been in the company 5 minutes. They fly in the face of comment from long time EK crew. Apparently they know it all.

But they dont because it is only the long time guys who have seen the decline of this company. These late arrivals have only seen the later stages of the decline, not what was there before, they compare it only to their decimated industry back in the USA.

They have not considered that the slide is continuing, in 2,3,5 or whatever years they will be just as aggrieved as the present long termers are right now. Unless something is done to reverse the slide.

People pass comment about agendas, but there would be no opinions or debate or discussion or argument or solution or need for a forum if there was no agenda, hidden or otherwise.

My agenda is obvious. I want it to be so. I want this company to return to what it was, on the way to becoming a premier airline. And it is largely the attitudes of the employees that make a company what it is.

If the management were less short sighted they would realise that the real commercial advantage would be to make this the nirvana of airline jobs rather than on the way to becoming the pariah of the industry. At a cost still well short of most, if not all, major carriers outgoings.

In the 90s around thirty S/Os and F/Os left Cathay for Emirates, three went the other way of which one came back to Emirates. Dont think that would happen now.

They could have a long line of quality crew aspiring to join EK, instead of having to travel to the States to seduce a bunch of misplaced hairyassed redneck alphas.

No real offence intended, I do not question their ability to operate an aeroplane, but I do question the judgment shown on this forum by those already here.

A certain satisfaction gained from watching them now starting to argue amongst themselves. The freshmen that is, not you Gillegan.