PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When did BMA A320 pilots get an ATC licence????
Old 28th Mar 2006, 05:52
danceswithsheep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scotpilot

So as too answer yuor comments, When I am on the R/T I try to provide a good service, when on my own time on a public forum, my thoughts are my own. There are no safety implications posting on here, whereas arguing with control instructions does.
From this thread, much goodness has come. I have been made aware, its not just me. An A320 pilot came in for a look around and I learnt more about a type I have not flown on(due to no Fam Flights) and I believe he also learnt a little more about what goes on in the Scottish TMA.
You are correct when you say that name calling is unprofessional, but we all vent and if the pilot in question, who I understand is well known for this kind of thing, had not increased my stress load in an otherwise organised traffic situation, this thread would not have started.
Just be aware that when you wind up a controller, increase the R/T with non standard calls, etc, we are unable to provide the best service possible and if you, God forbid, had an emergency while this gentleman was wittering about an Air Traffic Instruction, how would you feel about being unable to transmit your situation.
My advice is, if you are as professional as you say, then take the known pilots aside and have a word. CRM/TRM stretches beyond your cockpit/company.