PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Brits abroad: Why not come back to the UK?
Old 28th Mar 2006, 00:01
autosync

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

Ok 170, you don’t like the English, or the Europeans thats your prerogative, nothing wrong with that, but the CAA is not the JAA.

If you feel inferior by their perceived superiority that’s just too bad.
My personal gripe is whinging Aussies, hopefully the chip will fall off both our shoulders some day!!

SASless...
As for you.... I would nearly have a bit of respect for your post if you deleted the cowboy routine..
Fighting on the internet is like winning a medal in the Special Olympics... you may feel like you won.......... But at the end of the day you are still handicapped!

But that aside, in answer to some of your questions,
Yes their are landing charges, airport fees, license fees, exam fees, medical fees expensive fuel and all sorts of other fees.
That’s one of the problems with living in countries small insize with small populations and economies, governments cannot afford to fund an industry in the same way that the FAA can subsidies the US industry, its a pleasure to fly in the US, but its not going to happen in Europe, because these economies just cannot afford to work that way, so its left to the user, which is unfortunate for the person paying the bill.
Land is also at a premium, and massive sums are being paid by developers to rezone the land, which is worth far more as a housing estate then as an airfield.

To convert a CPL/ATPL licence to FAA I would just have to sit down for a couple of days and study the small question bank and sit the written test at any time of my choosing then do a flight test for about an hour and a half.
Yes it is user friendly and painfree cheap and fast but there is a massive massive government funded support network that is not available in JAR land because as said before, the local governments just cannot afford that!
And thats the way it is, so if you want to fly in Europe, just jump through the hoops and stop crying. If your not willing to jump through the hoops, then stop crying!

Basically..... Shut the F*** up with all the whinging!

Last edited by autosync; 28th Mar 2006 at 00:16.