PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Brits abroad: Why not come back to the UK?
Old 27th Mar 2006, 22:47
170'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok…. I’m not really a Limey, but got a Limey passport as well as Yank and Frog…So technically I’m a Limey/Frog /Yank or vice versa? I live in Paris and my kids won’t speak English unless I beat them into it.

I’m married to a frog, whose half frog and half wop (Sicilian) but more frog than wop because she was born and raised in Paris. After her half wop, half frog parents moved to Paris is 1950…

When my wop/frog ‘in laws’ arrived in France. A job was hard to come by for father-in law, because the Frog/Frogs in Marseilles said “ Your not Frog” to which my father-in –law replied, “ here’s my Frog passport” you stupid Frog ****…or something similar….

Having been raised in a frog Private school in Tunis, Father-in-law was and is, in his dotage. More frog than General De Gaulle….. Although with a distinct Sicilian accent.

My brother-in law is a Wop/Wop (Napoli) married to my wife’s sister, who’s a Wop/Frog but more wop than frog…I can’t tell you why, just don’t know! She has also spent her entire life in Paris, but only speaks French if no one is around who speaks Italian.

So my other sister-in-law is frog/frog who denies (more or less) her wop heritage…she’s my wife’s second oldest sister, and is a civil servant in Paris.

She’s killed two husbands already…

Ok; my wife say’s its just bad luck. And she hasn’t killed them, just outlived them…

Ok, but she’s only 40 years old and outlived
Two husbands!

Anyway, she’s fixing to marry a guy from Normandy (first error), who’s half Dutch (second error) but was born in France. When he speaks Dutch, he has a French accent, that’s how Dutch he is…

Anyway, we’re having a get-together a few months back, in our place in the country.
Which is actually just out of Paris, but could be medieval France.

Now, I worked in West Berlin when it was West Berlin, and not just Berlin. So I’ve invited 3 friends from W. Berlin days, to come down as well.

So here we are, in our mini ranchette just east of Senlis…

B-B-Q is just waning to the perfect temperature, steaks have been marinading for three days in a mix I picked up in Silver City, NM. A few years ago (region 23,Initial attack and Rap crew for Geo Seis)

My wife comes over and say’s…”Gotta change the seating”…
What she actually said was “X… ne peut pas se reposer à côté de… Y

X being my sister-in-law, Y being my brother-in-law to be..

Why’ I ask?

She says…” Sister-in-law won’t sit next to the protestant…

Who’s the fu**ing protestant I ask…?

The Dutchy…

What Dutchy?

The Dutchy who’s going to marry my sister!

He was born in France for crying out loud; He’s as French as you are!

I’m not French! ………..

What do you mean you’re not French? We have two kids and they’re French….

No they’re not. They’re half French and half American but I’m Italian….

Whaddya mean you’re Italian…if you’re Italian and I’m American, how can we have two French kids???

Well here’s error number one for the day… I’m supposed to know that my French wife is now Italian, my sister-in-law won’t sit next to a protestant because they’re boring and cold, and no-one really wants to talk with my friends from Berlin because they have bad accents and they bombed Uncle Thierry’s place in Drancy in 1940

(Thierry’s place was a farm on the outskirts of Paris; it’d be worth nine gazillion bucks if he still had it today)

It turns out the protestants don’t know how to have fun, and if you get stuck next to one in a party, it’s all downhill from there!

The Dutch are more or less Germans who won’t fess up, and the guys we’ve hired in to do the catering are really not French but Swiss German with French names and therefore have no idea how to cook….Why?…..

Because they have German accents!

There should be a law against people pretending to be French…. Just because their family name sounds French…If we wanted watches or chocolate OK, But cooking?

This is the reason no sane person returns to Europe…

Because it doesn’t exist!!!!

All we have are a bunch of countries with disparate views on just about everything…. and some genius thought it would be a good idea to call it Europe! And while we’re at it! Let’s create a union among the various states and call it JAA.

The choices for driving forces within this new union should be some state or states, with nothing else going for them…Let’s pick the Netherlands and the UK…

No one speaks Dutch, which is the only thing you can say against the Dutch….

And no one cares about England, least of all the Brits!

Although, to be fair, most people like the Irish, Scots and Welsh.

It’s just the English no one really cares for….

As a breed, they’re convinced of moral, literal and practical superiority, and they play the game as no one else in Europe, they actually think UK aviation has an impact on the world aviation scene… And that somehow this tiny forgotten island, has a superior import than, shall we say Finland, which I would choose as a far superior aviation nation than poor old blighty…Having flown in both….

What you have in the UK, in basic form, is a bunch of people desperately trying to keep alive an untenable industry. It’s sad, and ‘in extremis’ but will survive because the stalwarts really believe, truly believe!, that their little world of private site to private site IS helicopter aviation.

The guys within the CAA have never seen helicopter aviation at it’s finest…These guys have never experienced the joys of working Rocket City, WY in the late seventies, 2D seismic…They wouldn’t let one eyed Phil fly here. Claiming having only one eye would be against the public interest…

Oh Yeah… Lets compare the CAA guys and their real worl knowledge to One eyed Phil, Danny B,. Jimmy C, Skip F, Mark F….

You deadbeats within the CAA haven’t lost the plot…you never saw the fu**ing plot. I don’t have the answers because I can’t isolate the problems within the CAA....

I’m too far away from the epicenter….

And I would be ashamed to get any closer….

I can’t and don’t want to imply that I speak for everyone, just for me. But I have to say for myself. That you’re the saddest bastards I’ve ever heard of!

Last edited by 170'; 28th Mar 2006 at 07:48.