PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Brits abroad: Why not come back to the UK?
Old 27th Mar 2006, 20:33
autosync

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

Italian and French manufacturers seem to be doing fine with it; the Agusta Westland EH101 is doing well also
You can’t blame JAR for high fuel and insurance costs.

You don't get a JAR license by sending off a stamped addressed envelope like you can in other countries you have to work hard for it, its a professional qualification, and not something that you can "bang out" in a summer off (Now I know this is going to wind up pilots from other countries, but screw it, that’s the way it is, and that’s what keeps us in a job)

People love to come on here and complain about how difficult it is to get the JAR license but don’t complain about the decent wages that they can expect.
And that all comes down to Supply and demand, if the thousands of HAI grads came flooding back, what do you think would happen to these wages?

All the time here, we hear the tired old "It’s not fair" line...
It is fair... Its simple, you put the work in you get the license...
What’s not fair about that?
Who knows you may even learn something new, that may make you a slightly better pilot, I know that i did.

What would be unfair is if they change the rules to accommodate the whiners and the big business who would love nothing more then to bring people in who would work for a lot less.
Now how would that be fair to the people who have jumped through all of the hoops?

Some rules are silly, but at the end of the day most of them are safety related, and every Authority is guilty of that to some extent.