PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Discussions
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2006, 17:53
lurker@R5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being Ahead of the Game

A constant theme on this thread is the need for the L/H faaa to be pro- active rather than just sitting around the new office admiring the drying paint and waiting to get whacked by Management yet again.

So here's a conundrum - I was speaking to some LHR based crew this week and all the talk up there is whether to stay a 3rd year or return home - that is to say - from January next - there will be 200 f/a slots up for grabs in the UK.
Most crew I have spoken to feel the faaa' s reaction to the announcement of the UK base was incompetent at worst - indifferent at best.
So there are 200 full time Australian jobs about to go begging -is there anything the faaa intends to do to keep those jobs in Australian hands - is there any way they can collaborate to put Australians in those slots -or are we just going to give them to the Poms on a platter?
This will take a little humilty by the current executive -but
200 f/a jobs are worth fighting for - any sugestions? Speak to the short haul President up there?
Apparently she just assisted the Pom Union Amicus get a 5% per annum pay rise for LHR crew -that's 2% more than I can ever remember the faaa getting for us-
does Amicus have an office here in Australia???