PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 27th Mar 2006, 06:53
9M-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PaTriotEeK
Hello everyone, I'm one of those who failed the final interview for SIA's cpp. Like everyone here, I am passionate about flying and currently in the process of attaining my ME/CIR and Atpls in Australia. I must say, this is a risky journey to take, I know that by getting all these licenses won't guarentee me a job. I believe that if I or anyone else keep chugging at it, we will get there. I'm currently working odd jobs in Australia just to fund my flying, it's tough, I don't even have a permanent place to stay. Anyway, it's good to see that there's a post for us self-sponsored guys, for those of you who's made it, well done, am very happy for you guys. Anyway, I would like to ask about being an instructor in malaysia, would they accept someone with a foreign instructor rating? I think I'd better stop here before Thermal Image blasts me again...would love to hear from you guys out there..
Well if you are thinking of getting instructor rating in aus then come back to malaysia to teach i would suggest not doing that as u will still need to do a flight test here in malaysia if u want to convert. DCA works on a case by case system so u will still need to get permissions from them. Try to teach in aus? better pay i would say. Anyway where do u fly in aus? i flew in archerfield brisbane last time