PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spraying Mcleod's Daughters
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2006, 20:56
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Macleod's

Interesting foruim. I feel sorry for 3 way, in his bomb shelter taking cover from the full on mortared friendly fire. Not much wonder the Melbourne coppers have gone quiet, they too would be under cover. Heh heh.

May I respectfully add a couple of cents worth? Firstly it is totally unethical to publicly name in any medium in derogatory manner anyone’s details unless you do it under parlimentary privelege.
References in this country can only be given after consent from the subject, it’s best for legal reasons to politely decline to give any if you can’t do that in good light.

The story line to my mind is the most damaging. Esepcially as I’m told that the TV program concerned tend to go out of their way to portray life in the bush as real as per their program.
Anyone who watches ‘Landline’ would now know that Ag-Work happens regularly on Organic farming and not with nasty chemicals, but too late, the damage has been done.

Similarly sixty minutes viewers would note how much damage was intended to be protrayed via that program to the live export industry, with presentation of supposed Australian cattle, none of which were.

There are only 3,500 members of Animals Australia in this country (Including affiliates). They, like the Tassie 206 incident, have the capacity to make your llife a misery when they are coupled with exploitable media.

The main problem is that 94% of OZ population live in cities or the seaboard and couldn’t give a rat’s backside for the 6% that include all of your good selves and what you all do for the GDP of this country. You are very vulnerable as most rural industries are geared up to 90% for export.

What will be the next story line; the little pet sheep has been stolen and injured and is filmed being live-exported and beng dragged to its demise in some Arabic country. These programs are the vehicle for advertising by all and sundry, It’s easy to see the ‘ban live exports’ sticker on the fridge or hear the line, ‘I don’t eat beef only chicken’ etc etc. Those lines can cost a couple of grand each.

There is crisis mangement teams avbl to all rural industries including yours, take the issue to your AAAA exec. Surely Pprune wouldn’t mind if AAAA’s generalized management of this issue were hinted at on this forum. After all, its stands for “PROFESSIONALS”.

Ag-work, me? Don’t ask, never been , never will, but I was right in the middle of the endosulfan war between the cow and cotton cockies in the early nineties, until commen sense sent someone to talk to your pros. Result-- good SOP’s – no more war--and -- no more nasties found in exported meat.