PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 25th Mar 2006, 16:34
9M-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by demandpump
Wow! You are one really determined guy (or gal?? ). So you starting instructing while you were still a PPL holder? And you paid your way through the 150 hrs solo time before qualifying for AFI training?

I'm very similar to you. Also did my degree in Aus, came back and been working for 2 years. Absolutely no interest whatsoever in my job . Always thinking of flying.

What are your plans? Do you intend to continue instructing for long term? Or do you wish to move on to the airlines? Do you know of other Singaporeans who are also instructors in Malaysia or perhaps have moved on to the airlines?

Have you tried applying to any of the Malaysian operators like Air Asia, Berjaya Air or Transmile?

Thanks!
Yup sponsored myself in the clocking of hours. But its well paid off after one become an instructor. The money will easily be recouped. My plan now is just to instruct. Yup there are a few instructors that i know are from singapore. There are also ex singapore air force pilot teaching as well.