PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The never-ending 'Modular vs. Integrated' debate - merged ad nauseam
Old 25th Mar 2006, 02:12
Wazzoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*sigh*
Do we have to pander to people who don't know how to use the search button and merge so many threads? I know the thinking behind the merging threads, but to lump so many together and so far back...?

Not only is it a pain to wade through and work out what you've seen before and what you haven't, but not all of the threads are on the same topics. Yeah they are all related to Cabair or integrated vs modular or whatevers been merged, but there are differences in the questions asked. Often a threads question is influenced by the situation the person asking it is in and the answers are directly relevant to that person. When they're all lumped together its nigh on impossible to make head or tail of whos asking what and what they are replying too. So when I'm looking for someone who's asked a similar question and is in a similar situation any nuances or little tidbits are lost in a sea of back and forths.

I do sympathise Scroggs, I know questions get repeated that are very similar and its a frustration when people come on without reading any of the stickys and post the first thing thats on their mind without any research but does everything have to be dummed down for their sake? Stretch this analogy along and we'll end up with just five threads that are hundreds of pages long (The usuals..OAT, Int vs Mod, Sponsorship..etc Having said that, all of those should really go in Interviews, jobs & sponsorships freeing this one up for actual training related questions) and it really will take a week to get through one of them and find that piece of info you're looking for!

Merging threads isn't the end of the world I know. Some threads do need merging, if they crop up at the same time and on similar subjects then by all means prune things a bit (pun not intended). But does it have to be done to this extent?